Saturday, April 9, 2011

Your Place or Mine??


Friday Night-Date Night!

We are now observing Lent, so it's all about seafood on Fridays, however, my family has traditionally always had seafood on Fridays. And now living in Louisiana it is a way of life here during the Lenten season.


So before my husband got home from work I headed off to our favorite seafood market, Cajun Catch. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon and the parking lot was full and there was a line out the door.  As soon as I got out of my car and hit the front door I could smell that oh so familiar smell of a Crawfish boil.  But we will save the Crawfish for Saturday or Sunday by the pool.  I was in the market for crab and shrimp but not quite sure what I was going to do with them yet.  Originally I thought about making crab cakes but they had already sold out of the lump crab meat so this is what I decided to do...


Tomato-Mozzarella Salad...cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped fresh basil (from my garden), sprinkle E.V.O.O and balsamic vinegar...dash of s/p. Don't refrigerate your tomatoes and serve the cheese at room temp.

                                                  Marinated Crab Fingers...I use two small cast iron skillets, butter, minced garlic, chopped green onion and a dash of Cajun seasoning. Put under the broiler for just a couple of minutes.

Stuffed Shrimp

I used (8) Jumbo Shrimp and butterflied with tails left on.
 Saute 1 cup of seasoning blend and 2 cloves of minced garlic in butter
1 beaten egg
1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 c of chopped fresh parsley

Mix the above to make your stuffing. Top each shrimp with mixture and then top each with a small pat of butter. Broil in the oven for 5-7 minutes until stuffing cooked and shrimp are pink.

    Out of the oven...


I served with some fresh garlic knots from our bakery and Sangria...:-)



Enjoy!!



Gratefully,
Deborah...xo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...