Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Your Place or Mine?



Well my hubby finally got home from a two week business trip. And since he has missed so much nice weather I wanted to enjoy his homecoming outside on the patio where he could unwind and take in the "Spring Explosion" that has taken place since he left!

So in keeping things light and keeping me out of the kitchen all night, this is what I decided on...


Sangria...I buy a really good brand and just load it up with fresh fruit.


Appetizer Platter...my beloved Portuguese Sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, calamata olives, gardenia salad and Rondele's artichoke & garlic cheese spread.


I purchased snow crab clusters and they steamed them for me with cajun seasoning.


Mini Shrimp Flatbread Pizza's


What you will need:

Flour Tortilla's
olive oil
Small peeled and deveined shrimp (I had about a pd, so could of made 4 pizzas)
Cajun Seasoning
Extra thin asparagus spears (you will need 4-5 spears for each pizza)
small red onion
small jar of roasted red bell peppers
package of tomato-basil feta cheese

What to do:

Heat grill to medium high heat.
Brush each flour tortilla with olive oil on both sides.
In a bowl, drizzle shrimp with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
On a plate, drizzle asparagus spears and thinly sliced red onion with olive oil.
On foil, grill the asparagus, onion and shrimp for only a few minutes. Put aside.
Assemble the pizza's: crumble feta cheese, thinly sliced roasted red bell pepper, shrimp, asparagus spears and top with red onion.
Place pizza's right on grill and close lid, it will only take a few minutes to brown the crust and heat.


Enjoy!



Gratefully,
Deborah...xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...