Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NOLA here I come!


My husband and I are taking off to the quarter for some much needed fun time and a little work for him. As I make my way around the city, taking in the sights, sounds and of course the food I will be sure to share.


There is never enough time to do it all, so we try and pick a couple of new places to try...here is where we are headed this trip...

Roux on Orleans
Roux on Orleans offers fine creole cuisine using the freshest seasonal ingredients native to Louisiana.


Irene's
Irene's is somewhat off the regular tourist dining path, and locals would probably prefer to keep it that way -- it's hard enough getting into one of their favorite neighborhood bistros. We got an early reservation before the crowds come in...we prefer later seating but we just wanted to get in this time!



  
Katie's in Mid-Town
I could of put the picture of the front of the restaurant on here, but why bother when I can show you one of their signature Po-Boys, soft shell crab...:-)
A casual dining experience, with bistro seating outside and small local band playing...great place to unwind over the weekend! And did I mention a Sunday Brunch featuring "bottomless" Bloody-Marys, Mimosa's and Sangria! Featured on Food Network's DDD last night.
The Swizzle Stick Bar
The Swizzle Stick Bar is located on the lobby level of the hotel. The concept is a nod to the Brennans’ beloved aunt, Adelaide Brennan, whose joie de vivre and charming pursuit of the good life is captured in the décor and design.  Named for the gold swizzle stick that Adelaide wore around her neck, this fun watering hole is getting a lot of attention from locals and visitors alike. 
So I will be doing my chores in the next couple of days, extra time on the elliptical and packing my suitcase.


See you soon, with lots of pictures and all the fun!




Gratefully,
Deborah...xo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...