Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bless Our Nest...


When I was a little girl in upstate New York, my parents always had an amazing garden in our backyard. I can remember how it grew bigger and bigger each year, going outside with my mom and picking our fresh veggies daily. There were times that we would wash some of what we picked with the garden hose and just eat them immediately. My best friend growing up also had a garden in her yard, we would pick from her garden and take fresh tomatoes and cucumbers in to our make-shift fort and eat our fresh veggies for lunch...


Here I am with my mom in our garden...

Yes, my mother put us in dresses and did our hair even to go in the garden...isn't my Mom beautiful!


My husband also shared the joy of gardening with his father growing up so the tradition continues, not the same huge garden but a little piece of happiness in our side yard. 


Some of our new plants, ready to go!


Hubby doing the heavy lifting...Black Cow for the garden...it's the only thing our parents used!     


Hubby likes to make mounds for planting. He built the garden box last year for our first garden.


Dirt ready to go...lettuce coming back up from last year!


Cucumbers, Green-Yellow-Red Bell Peppers, Creole Tomatoes, Green Onions


Handy ties for the plant sticks. 



Love my herbs...Sage, Thyme, Parsley, Basil, Cilantro and Rosemary.


Some of our harvest from last year!


So get planting...you will be so happy you did!




Gratefully,
Deborah...xo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...