Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Southern Love Letter...


A beautiful book and it's Read Across America Week...a win-win!


It is perfect timing for me since I just received my new book Stealing Magnolias. It is a beautifully illustrated book by Debra Shriver and takes us on her journey from a New Orleans courtyard. Debra is a twelfth-generation Southerner, passionate preservationist and jazz devotee that created this book as part-love letter and part-scrapbook. It gives readers a rare tour behind courtyard walls and private gates of our mysterious city, which is often considered the Paris of America.

So whether it's food, gardens, decor, decoration, architecture or design, this book engages the reader to experience every element of the world's most romantic cities.  So I will make the time this week to find a quiet place and take it all in. Then I will place it perfectly on the nightstand of our guest room for others to enjoy during their stay!



I first discovered this amazing book at my local B & N for $60, a little pricey, not that it is not worth it! But I was able to find it on Amazon.com for $34...had to anxiously wait for it in the mail, but worth the savings!


If you have kids or you are a kid at heart...Put on your hat and read with a cat!


 Tomorrow, March 2nd would of been Dr. Seuss's 107th birthday...Happy Birthday!


His first children's book published in 1937...


I love them all but you gotta love...


And it isn't Christmas at our house until we see...


Tell me what your favorite Dr. Seuss book is!


Gratefully,
Deborah...xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...