Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Check out...Your Place or Mine?


Every week I will introduce a new southern recipe or one of our many amazing restaurants in a segment I will call "Your Place or Mine?" . I will randomly pick a dish and make it for my family and or friends or if we head out to eat highlight the dish and restaurant. When I do the cooking, I will "make  groceries" (cajun term for going grocery shopping) locally and incorporate Louisiana flair whenever possible. We are so blessed to have such wonderful seafood.......trout, red fish, catfish, shrimp, crawfish, oysters, crabs along with delicious fresh local produce. And YES, we still have seafood in Louisiana! Delicious and SAFE seafood!! If anything we probably have the safest seafood in the country because of all the testing and re-testing that is being done daily....hourly. Now that's not to say we aren't holding our breath to see how this oil disaster plays out in the future. But for now we sigh with relief that there is hope in sight and that we can some how hold on to family traditions and generations of an industry that makes Louisiana what it is!!!   

And if you are in the Ascension Parish area check out Cajun Catch Seafood Market & Deli in Gonzales, Louisiana (view their facebook page for the address, directions and all their information including some pics of beautiful Louisiana seafood!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...