Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little Swamp Pop soothes the soul.....



Attended the Swamp Pop Festival in Gonzales Friday night! Another wonderful turn-out and great music, food, socializing and most importantly the biggest Cystic Fibrosis Foundation fundraiser. People come from all over Louisiana to attend this popular festival, filling the hall with folding chairs and filling the parking lot with camper trailers. JT and I went Friday night so we could check out a band he has been reading about from Lafayette LA. called Travis Matte and the Kingpins. I have to admit they were good! 

As I was watching them play I could just imagine "back in the day" when Zydeco bands like this played on the front porch during a hot summer evening.......and couples dance the jitterbug till they drop!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...