Monday, January 10, 2011

Country Strong is stronger than I thought it would be!


My daughter and I decided to plan a diversion from a cold and gloomy day and go to the movies to see Country Strong this afternoon. We have both been waiting to see the movie since the previews started and I am a huge Gwyneth Paltrow fan and hoped the movie would do the Oscar winner justice. Well the movie did not disappoint! The entire cast including Gwyneth's movie husband Tim McGraw were fantastic but it wasn't much of a stretch for him. The break-out star in the movie is supporting actor Garrett Hedlund who portrays a rising country music song-writer that becomes close with Gwyneth while working at the rehab facility where she is in recovery. But it wouldn't be a true country drama without a few tears so don't forget the tissues. And for all you country music fans, the movie was filled with a lot of original music and one of Gwyneth's performances "Coming Home" is up for best original song at the Golden Globes this weekend!   





No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...