Saturday, January 22, 2011

First installment of...Bless Our Nest!

My Mom (or Mama, as they say here) always taught me to share so...


If you will allow me to indulge myself, I would like to share some of my southern finds that I have incorporated in our home for the past couple of years and those I will look forward to treasuring in the future in a post I will call "Bless Our Nest". I learned a long time ago the hard way that it is best to wait for that special something for that special spot. Instead of rushing the process, I now wait for that special find to find me!

One of the first rooms that I wanted to spend special attention to was the guest bedroom. We imagined since we walked into our home that we would entertain guests here since we moved here with no family or friends in the area. I wanted it to be warm and cozy for our guests but I also wanted the room to represent some of Louisiana's tradition. I had the iron bed already but added some of the other touches shown below from a day JT and I spent in a town called Ponchatoula, LA. The little town is full of amazing antique shops and is also home to the famous Strawberry Festival, but that's a post for another day! 

I hope you will enjoy today's first installment...

The Guest Bedroom


Pineapple Clock (given to me) and a stack of vintage Louisiana history books from JT's parent's home.

Vintage Magnolia flower painting...the State flower.  

Vintage Secretary Desk



Gratefully,
Deborah...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You already made my day by visiting my blog, now tell me what is on your mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...